Saturday, August 6, 2011

Well, well, well..... I have let the ball drop on this new creation which is Carla's Corner. I can explain. One of the problems with being so rigid is that when things do not go "as planned," I easily get off track. Take this week for example. Every Wednesday, I receive PBear mail. I was planning to post on Wednesday about PBear, as that is my Wednesday theme and I love writing to and about him. But my mail did not come Wednesday. It did not come Thursday. I am not sure if it came yesterday, as I have been unable to check my mail. So this one issue of tardiness derailed my blogging plans. Thanks United States Postal Service, I appreciate it!

This isn't the only unexpected twist to my week. My mother called me Thursday night and asked me what time I could be in Tallahassee the following day (yesterday)... she arranged for me to drop off my car at a friends for him to fix it. I love coming home, don't get me wrong. I love my mom, I love her thoughtfulness. BUT this wasn't planned by ME. Meaning I felt out of control, and once again felt as if my week was "derailed."

The good news is I got to see PBear last night, my car is fixed, and I am spending time with my Gma (I am sure all will read a lot more about her later.) The not so good news is I have very little time to see anyone but family. No time really. I did not have a car yesterday, and this afternoon I am with my Gma. I leave in the morning. But I did get to see some friends last night and for this, I am grateful.

Back to the point of today's writing. My rigidity. Being super organized is a wonderful trait. Being completely rigid is a glaring defect. So what I learned about myself today is I still have room to grow, always. I have room to learn to be flexible, while maintaining organization. It is possible. Right? We shall see.

As far as the rest of this week's blogs.... I was planning on doing more "getting to know the author" posts. A great mentor of mine once suggested I make a list or 100 things about myself. Maybe this blog will motivate me to undertake such a task. I know 50 was a difficult feat. I can imagine 100 will be. Then again, I have put aside over a year of my life to remain single, to learn more about me, and love me. More on that later. For now, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Don't forget to FLY <3

No comments:

Post a Comment