Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Weekend recap

So my weekend was not spent blogging, nor did I post yesterday, so I will have to catch up.. I've already been called a slacker. Truth is, I am home from work sick today and don't really know what to do with my time, so may as well blog
This weekend was fabulous. I have a special red headed angel in my life and she was able to come to Tampa. She is 8 and reminds me how awesome spending time with children is and how good of a mom I will (ONE DAY) be, but also that today is not that day. She reminds me how innocent we seem to start out in this life and how an inquisitive mind is always curious, always questioning, always in awe... I love that.
Our weekend consisted of a lot of swim time, a trip to the zoo, more swim time, movies, and a trip to the ropes course at MOSI. It completely baffles me how the children at the ropes course seem to have no fear whatsoever and us adults hesitate when it starts to get scary and uncomfortable. Maybe this is how I have become so "set in my ways" the older I get, because I like comfort. I like knowing and feeling like I have an iota of control. Ok, a lot of control. So I allowed myself to be free this weekend, and allowed Brei to be free this weekend, to do whatever she wanted to do and live it up. I have to say, it was one of the greatest weekends since living here.
So that was my weekend, there is much more, but I have Monday and Tuesday to catch up on as well. I know Saturday and Sunday were for creative/inspiring days, so I will have to come back to this post later and add some pictures with a few Carla's creative twists to them. As far as my inspiration, that came from my red headed angel. She inspires me to be better, to do better. To quit smoking, to let go, to be free. And, possibly, to one day have children of my own. In the mean time, I am considering big brothers/big sisters, or guardian ad litem... just have to make sure I can commit the time to taking on such a task before signing up. More will be revealed.
Grateful I took this weekend to FLY <3


No comments:

Post a Comment