Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Moving....

Really can suck. Or it can be a time of letting go of the clutter and accepting a new life of being a minimalist.... (Well, except clothes. I have multiple sizes because I'm a PCOS woman who fluctuates... And I like clothes) Or it can suck. I'm going between the two at the moment. Mainly because I'm a tad on the OCD side and it feels like someone is constantly sitting on my chest, making even the slightly deep breaths seem impossible. What helps? Lists. Talking it out. Walking away from it all for a few... Even if it's to just go to the lake and back (I have a lake at the end of my street) 
So yeah. There's my check in. I'd really LOVE for the Craigslisters to follow through and come get this furniture so I have less to move. However, if it doesn't happen, there is a UHaul on reserve (hold the jokes, it's just me and the cat, no UHauling for this lez)
As far as the logistics, this move will be a bit different than how it was a year and a half ago. Back then, my stepdad and I drove together, a big truck with a flatbed tow for my car. We survived. Barely. This year, it will be me driving solo and he will be driving solo. I swear he's reliving his Route 66 glory days. He flies out the night before we leave. I pack my ride, he packs his rental, and we drive. I'm a bit nervous as we aren't doing a caravan, I'm going my own way and he's going his way. But it will be fine. As much as I road trip, I'm sure all will be well. Depending on weather, I will drive up/over to STL first (major detour, I know) and then down to Tallahassee. Taking a stop in Mississippi of course. So that's the plan. Departing the 11th. I plan on updating from the road, although it won't be nearly as entertaining as the updates of me and my stepdad fighting like cats. China was the most well behaved, actually. 
Pray for traveling mercies and no snow storms in the Midwest
Love and Light
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment