Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cross country Road tripping 2.0 entry 1

Anyone who knows me well knows I love road tripping... If I'm in my ride or on my time table anyway (prob why I trip solo most of the time) So Thursday begins my next big adventure. Cross-country 2.0. When I came out, I drove 40 over then connected to the old Route 66, got to visit Sedona (more touristy than I had hoped), meditate in the Grand Canyon, hug some Giant Sequoias among other things. The line up this time is to go down to 10, visiting Joshua Tree before leaving California. Not the original route I wanted considering I've been up and down I-5 no less than 8 times since September. However, ice storms will dictate my travel (I've never driven in snow and don't care to learn during this move)... So I-5 to I-10 it is. Then I'll go through lower AZ and NM, then the dreaded TX drive. However, I am picking a friend up in Austin Sunday afternoon and we will drive to Memphis on Monday... Either staying south going through NoLa or going north through Little Rock... My vote is the latter since I've done NoLa a few times. Visiting Memphis as an adult will be nice, going to see where MLK marched, history, yes! Excited :) after this, I will go see the Spons in Oxford, then on to Florida. I have to skip STL due to ice.
So friends, questions for you... What MUST I see going this route, where MUST I eat in Austin, etc...
Comment below or on my FB page. Thanks!!

Love and Light
DBear 

1 comment:

  1. http://www.fun-things-texas.com/things-to-do-in-austin-texas.html CLICC' THIZZ LINK FOE FUN STUFF IN AUSTIN AND LETT ME KNOW.

    ReplyDelete