Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I have arrived!

My first day in East Bay has been great. I am not sure why people say Oakland is so bad. I am living on the Oakland/Berkeley border and like my neighborhood so far. I will explore more with my roomies this weekend. It isn't as walkable as SF, but I can bike to the BART in about 5 mins and take that in to work every day.
The neighborhood I work in is the type people are probably thinking of when they get that wide-eyed "you are moving where?!" look. Honestly, I do not feel unsafe. However, it is day 1, and I have had moments of questioning if moving here over SF was the right choice. I have 3 months to figure out where I want to settle, so I am sure more will be revealed. I am simply grateful I arrived safely.
The road trip blog will be posted after I arrange my notes and details. I can definitely offer tons of suggestions on what not to do :)
I start work on Monday and am beyond exciting for this opportunity. The way I see it is if so many things fell in to place after simply meeting a stranger on a bus while vacationing in SF just three months ago, then there is nothing to worry about. Clearly, I have a huge HP, always has my back. Even when I do not see the whole stair case, I can take the first step knowing that powerful fact.
I do miss my mom terribly and am hoping she will retire out west when the time comes. It is ironic that so many years are spent detesting your parents, and then they become your closest friends. I am blessed. I did arrive to a card from her and PBear mail from my Bear. Not sure I know many people who can say they get two hand written letters on their first day 3,000 miles from "home".
I've thought a lot about an old trusted friend, Paul, this week so I will end with a Paulism... "what is there not to love?"
More blogs to follow, hope you continue to follow as well. Love to all, light to all
DB

No comments:

Post a Comment