Monday, November 28, 2011

Monomania... Monday

Mondays.
Never my favorite day of the week, especially after such a long weekend. Although a weekend is really never a weekend in the eye of a student's mind, it was still nice. Only to be trampled on by Monday.
Why is it called that anyway? Monster of a day? Monumental disaster? I'm sure you get the point. Yes, I know, everyone detests Mondays. I usually do not mind them terribly. It's just today was a very bad, terrible, no good day... or however that childhood classic goes.
Speaking of childhood, that is how I feel about my Monday. Without going in to great detail, it was very much a mixture of elementary school and high school. Elementary school because I was talked to in such a condescending, belittling way, I was reduced to five year old status... and high school because of a complete mean girl squad.
As if I didn't have enough to worry about today between work tasks, school tasks, voice mails, phone calls, IRB applications, and work.. did I mention work, and working through an awful lot of physical pain at that? But no, that wasn't enough for this day, I also had to deal with a horrendous an inhumane "you suck" session.
I honestly believe there are some people who simply enjoy berating others to make themselves feel better. Fortunately, I have not been subject to many of these people recently. Until today. I guess the upside is it did not make for a Monotonous Monday. But it did make for a Mean, Malicious, Misery laden Monday.

The good news.... tomorrow will be Terrific Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment