Friday, November 11, 2011

Laugher.... good for the soul

I am finally at Ladybug, my annual retreat I had to miss last year due to health conditions.. This year, I am grateful to be fully present and ready to go. I came early to spend some time with a special woman, my #1 Ladybug, Viv. Can I just say I have not laughed this hard in some time.... I cannot even remember when....I have not seen Viv in two years and we just hit it off like we were never apart. I didn't even know how much I needed this time... the non-stop laughter, hugs, and lots of love. It is true what they say about distance among friends... we can go long spans of time without seeing one another and they pick up right where they left off. For me, that's partly what these annual retreats are about. I am sure there will be new faces, and some of the regulars may not be here this year; but those of us who are here will be so excited to see each other, it will be just like no time has passed since the last encounter.
We are also on new grounds this year since my last retreat. We were always housed in Rincon and have since moved to St. Simon's. I came with the intention of missing the last place... we had a lot of good times there... but I am so in love with this place, it's an instant feeling of belonging. Besides, it doesn't really matter where our physical location is for this special weekend..being together in spirit is all that matters.
I don't have much time to write, I am sure I will be raving about this weekend all week long... for now, I will go get ready to welcome 92 ladybugs with a big smile and a big hug.
Happy 11/11/11 and most of all, Happy Veteran's Day... to the Vets and those who love our Vets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment