Thursday, October 24, 2013

I could be that guy

I was watching Grey's tonight (typical Thursday) and as usual, learned a lesson I needed to learn... Or at least acknowledge once again. It isn't in the what happens, it's in our reactions to what happen.
This quadriplegic found out he has an inoperable brain tumor and has to stop doing this state of the art sensory treatment, yet the treatment has given him more movement than in years past. 
Yet he has this amazing attitude! This "nothing will stop me, I've got sensory abilities back, hands that can play tetris, and you're not stopping this treatment without my consent... Unless of course you take my tumor out!" How cool is that! This guy is a quadriplegic with a brain tumor and is totally owning his destiny. He's like screw you doc, this is how it's gonna be.
So after a long day of battling my own brain, I'm saying screw it brain! I'm owning my own attitude. I have no clue what news I receive Monday or Tuesday regarding this most recent job interview, but it will not make me or break me. And it definitely won't be a brain tumor or paralysis! 
(To catch everyone up on that, I am in this unemployment purgatory where I have one "amost guaranteed" job that wouldn't start until after the holidays, and this other job I'm in the running for that would start right away... And every travel plan I had for the first couple of week of November is on hold... Just talking about it brings me anxiety, so I'm just going to stop talking now) 
Anyways, there's my mini lesson tonight
Love to all, light to all
DBear 

No comments:

Post a Comment