Sunday, December 21, 2014

Happy Winter Solstice 2014!

Happy Winter Solstice! Ah, what a beautiful day to start the new year! Yes, it was dreary, but it's beautiful to me. I spent it sleeping in til 2pm, then sharing my favorite meal with my mom and brother, after which I headed over to my sister's bestfriend's house for a get together. Good music, amazing food, and great company! I came home to dance in the rain, scroll through facebook, and ponder the new year ahead. I usually celebrate the New Year on January 1, but this year has been particularly rough, so I'm ready to start it now!
2014 brought lots of heartache and loss, but also opened many avenues to change. Many doors to new friendships, opportunities to heal. So as I begin this year new, I will capitalize on the opportunities and try not to dwell in the past. I'm sad for all the loved ones lost last year, and all of the financial difficulties the year brought me, as well as the setbacks in my health. This year will be one of restoration- financially, physically, and emotionally. Spiritually, 2014 brought my back to the church, and I will continue on this path. Participating in church, as well as daily meditation and Reiki. I will also have a couple of more surgeries that will hopefully correct some of the physical. Most importantly, I've enrolled in a life course of sorts, intense therapy so to speak, learning new behavioral skills. This will last for an entire year, but the skills will last a lifetime. How grateful I am to have this opportunity. I'm excited for the possibility of allowing myself to heal, 100%. 
I'm sure I will write my annual gratitude list next week, this is a tradition I tend to carry every year. But for today, I am starting the new year with the winter solstice, and I am grateful just for that. Here's to a year of healing, self-forgiveness, self-love, compassion for others, growth, love and truth. May each of you be granted whatever your hearts' desire.
Love and Light
DBear

No comments:

Post a Comment