Friday, November 22, 2013

Oh the places you'll go....

Up until a few years ago, I could easily count every state or major city I had visited... I could tell you a little about each one, and most of my world was SouthEasternUS-centric... meaning I hadn't traveled very far away from AL/FL/GA... Yet I always wanted to travel. And travel I have done. Today, I have to think long about every where I have been and what I can tell you about each place (Note to self... write more travel blogs)... But I will at least start with a list. On this list, I am going to write the states, cities, etc. I have visited for any specific purpose or length of time. A layover does not count. If it is a state I went through on my cross country trip, that will be in perens. This is more for myself, but may as well have it up on my blog like the rest of my adventures. I was going to skip over all of Florida since I was raised there, but it counts too ;) However, I will not include suburbs, or rural country towns surrounding cities (i.e. Quincy, Gretna, etc for Tallahassee) as the list would be entirely too long. Also, this is only including the US. I have much more ground to cover, but it's a decent start for this twenty-something road tripper, especially considering I've gone on many solo...

1. Vancouver, WA
2. Portland, OR
3. Eugene, OR
4. Crescent City, CA
5. Redwood Nat'l Park
6. Eureka, CA
7. North Bay (Includes Sonoma, Marin, Sausalito, etc.)
8. San Francisco, CA
9. East Bay (Includes Oakland, Berkeley, and all of the burbs)
10. South Bay (Palo Alto... where Stanford is)
11. Sacramento, CA
12. Reno, NV
13. Pyramid Lake, CA
14. Los Angeles, CA
15. Hollywood, CA
16. Long Beach, CA
17. Beverly Hills, CA
18. San Diego, CA
19. Palm Springs, CA
20. Sedona, AZ
21. Grand Canyon Nat'l Park
22. Sequoia Nat'l Park
23. New Mexico (passing through on road trip)
24. Oklahoma (passing through on road trip)
25. Houston, TX
26. San Antonio, TX
27. Arkansas (passing through... want to go back to Ozarks and Little Rock)
28. New Orleans, LA
29. Oxford, MS
30. Memphis, TN
31. Nashville, TN
32. Johnson City, TN
33. Knoxville, TN
34. Hendersonville, NC
35. Smoky Mountains
36. Rocky Mountains (almost forgot CO)
37. Denver, CO
38. Aurora, CO
39. Fort something, CO (For a state convention)
40. Estes Park, CO
41. Washington DC
42. Baltimore, MD
43. Arlington, VA
44. Pittsburgh, PA
45. Philadelphia, PA
46. Boston, MA
47. Atlanta, GA
48. Augusta, GA
49. Does Macon, GA count?
50. Albany, GA
51. Every little town in Georgia
52. Tallahassee, FL (lived there)
53. Jacksonville, FL
54. Pensacola, FL (lived there)
55. Tampa, FL (lived there)
56. Nearly every beach in Florida
57. Miami, FL
58. Orlando, FL
59. Every small town in Florida
60. Hilton Head Island, SC
61. Savannah, GA
62. St. Simon's Island, GA
63. St. Louis, MO (I had to stop and think what state STL is in.. wow)
64. On Monday, I can add Yosemite to this list.
65. Most of lower Alabama

I am quite certain I am leaving things off, but I wanted to document what I can so far. Especially considering I am about to do another cross country trip. I have one of three routes planned, depending on snow. My preference is to go up to STL (Going through Utah, Nebraska, etc.) then down to Tallahassee (stopping in Mississippi to see the Spons) but weather must cooperate... I have never driven in snow...

Feel free to add to this list if you know me and remember more than I do at the moment.

OH, and missing from this list is NYC and the Falls (my mother and I have been planning that since I was 15.... still waiting..)

Love and Light
Dbear


No comments:

Post a Comment