Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Take flight

Wow, has it already been a week since my last post? Life here is crazy busy, but I love it. Let's see... I am writing on my lunch "break" today because I do not know when I will have time later, if that gives you an idea of the schedule I am keeping.
I did go to see Joy Harjo last week, and that was beyond incredible. There are no words to describe the experience. I highly recommend her memoir, Crazy Brave. Even better, see her read excerpts of her work, play the flute, sing her songs, brilliant. She is the epitome of who I hope to be... one day. Speaking of, I will be getting a new flute eventually. I had a beautiful Native American flute years ago, but a dog I rescued chose to eat said flute. I understand, it does look like a giant bone/chew toy. Such is life. Seeing Joy also inspired me to finish reading the book I was reading (Closure and the Law of Relationship), and get back to writing. I allowed Spirit to guide me and wrote one of the most healing pieces of work I have written in a while... I may share eventually... that requires more vulnerability.
The following day was not as calm and centered as the feeling her performance left me with... I had to work, then prepare for a camping trip. I am shocked at the time and energy prepping for camping requires. I did get an awesome tent for only $36 (this is apparently unheard of), and went through rounds and rounds of "issues" with sleeping arrangements. For those of you who do not know about my physical issues, sleeping is a bit of a problem. The first night, I could only get the air mattress hald inflated and woke up in more pain than I have felt in years. However, this could not hold me down because hiking was in order. My first hiking experience with a 4 year old is noteworthy. It involved a lot of stops, creativity games, and finally her deciding to become a hill runner so we could up our timing on the steep inclines. 3 miles of East Bay hiking felt like 10 miles of Florida hiking. Similar to Colorado, but without the high altitude issues- my lungs thank me. The next night, sleeping was a problem again. My air mattress compressor went missing (I am still baffled by why one would steal from such a nice camp ground, oh humanity...), but we figured out a way to make it work. Given that we were only 20 mins from my friend's house, we cheated. That's right. Judge me if you wish. We went home to shower, have amazing organic Chinese food, and borrow couch cushions for my second night of sleeping. Success! Having to wake up the next morning to get to a 10K in San Francisco was not as much fun... zombie. But I did it. I drove home, grabbed my tens unit, and showed up to GG Park like a champ. The Walk was highly successful- I believe over 25,000 people there to walk for AIDS. Amazing. The fact that I didn't die after all of this- even more amazing. I did have to deal with the swollen knees, but such is life.
As much as I wanted to go home and sleep the night away, I had to get myself together for a date Sunday night. Yes, I am dating. For the first time in.... well, ever. I have always just been in relationships. Or out of them. Or getting over one. Or halfway in one. So this is a nice change. The date was nice. If anything, I have made a new friend, and that's cool. It's all new to me, so I am just going with the flow, and enjoying it all along the way.
So that my friends, is one very eventful weekend in the East Bay. The week has been equally eventful with work, and workouts at The Perfect Sidekick. I also talked to an old friend/ soul sista (whatever I should call her) yesterday and it was needed. Still finding closure in certain areas, but such is life. I am realizing that regardless of other people- where they are, and how they feel, what they do or don't do- my life is great. I am able to fly. If others want to be part of this, that is great; if not, I love them anyway. And that's all on that.
Back to work :)
Love to all, light to all
DBear

No comments:

Post a Comment