Thursday, July 26, 2012

May there be Peace within...

What to add this week... Let's see, I have officially beat the crud going around work by drinking more emergenC and airborne than should be acceptable. Work is changing, we are losing my first work friend here and will miss her terribly, but she has an opportunity she cannot pass up. I relate. If I had said no to all of the opportunities that came my way these last couple of years, I'd still be stuck in my hometown (no offense to those that are, I'm a Tallahassee lassie always) So with my supervisor's exit, I am tasked with new responsibilities to which I respond, "Yes! bring it! :)"
Since I do not wish to turn in to that person that only has a work life, I've been keeping up with my workouts, my fellowship, and friends here. Last weekend, I experienced Santa Cruz for the first time. Incredible. I highly recommend it.... On eight hours of sleep. Or any sleep for that matter. Some things do not change, me without sleep is one of those things- I am an unpleasant monster. Lesson learned.
I also celebrated a milestone tonight. A 5 year mark I would have celebrated last month, but was writing a grant til 10 that evening. It worked out the way it was supposed to. I realized that I am always right where I need to be. Always. I've also recognized this peace within... A peace I hadn't recognized on a while. No gnawing fears or anxieties, just peace. Not elation, just peace. I love it. Not sure when it came, maybe once I was still enough to feel it... I am grateful.
I head to Florida next week for graduation. That will have to be another blog entry, I still haven't wrapped my brain around how I went from high school drop out to simply wanting to finish my AA degree to the BSW to here... MPH. Many honors have come my way academically, many experiences I never expected to encounter, but it isn't about all of that- its about how far Great Spirit can bring me when I allow myself to be guided. When I allow myself to be disciplined, and believe I deserve good things. That right there is far deeper than any piece of paper or letters behind my name. And finally realizing that... Well, that's a priceless gift from above, within, without, all around...
I am grateful.
So there's my thoughts for tonight. Scattered as they may be, I allow the soul to move me. This is where I find freedom. This is where I find I am free to be me.
Love to all, light to all,
DBear

No comments:

Post a Comment