Monday, July 30, 2012

Is it only Monday?

Well, It's still Monday here. Tuesday on the East Coast :)
Posting early this week, as it's going to be quite eventful. This weekend was eventful as well. Six Flags Vallejo was a lot cooler than I expected. It's like a mix between sea world and an amusement park, plus animals too- the tiger show was amazing. Never in my life have I seen a tiger swim under water... for food of course. I'm sure China would do that for her food ha. The roller coasters were crazy, but I only went on one... not sure why I always do this... think I can take dramamine and the roller coaster will be okay. Insanity. I really don't like them anymore. Happened sometime between 22 and 24- they make me sick. The dramamine keeps the vomit away, but not the feeling of dizziness and thinking I will die. Think I'll stick to rock climbing and zip lining for my thrills. Anything that doesn't require me going upside down or twirling around and I'm good.
The rest of the weekend was quite busy... laundry, babysitting the best 4 year old ever, Olympics viewings with great friends, great food, and a bit of down time. I really am blessed to be out here, and to have friends here.
I'm looking forward to this week, but things will be nonstop from now until.. well, at least September. I have my whirlwind trip to Tampa this weekend, then I will be actively seeking housing here to move first week of September. I haven't had much luck yet, but hoping that will change. People are pretty last minute out here. Like posting on craigslist for a room available... that weekend. I like to plan a bit more than that. However, I remember what I went through getting here, and if I can deal with the last minute a couple of months ago, I can deal with it now.
I am getting more excited about the trip this weekend, but there is part of me that is very sad. I wish I could combine Tampa and Tally in to one, and it's just not possible. I wish my old soul sista was going to be there, but it's highly doubtful. Nonetheless, I remain grateful. I am incredibly grateful for those who choose to show up, support me, be in my life, love me, hell- they're even throwing a party for me. Very cool :) I really couldn't ask for more.
So friends, enjoy your week. Send some positive vibes for my very short layovers (at LAX and Houston) so I can make it there in time. Not so stressed about making it back here in time, but definitely need to make it to TPA with no issues. And this will be the first time I attempt to fly carry-on only. I believe that will go down in history. I am definitely not the most simplistic when it comes to packing. I hope to prove myself wrong tomorrow night :)
Love to all, light to all
DBear

No comments:

Post a Comment