Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And the journey begins...

So here it is, time to leave... I never knew this would be my destiny, part of my journey anyhow. I have posted all over my typical social forum about this day, my move, etc., but have decided I will return to blogging once more... it is simply time. Besides, how often will one get this opportunity.. to take a cross country road trip, see all of the places I have dreamed of seeing, move to the city I fell in love with, the coast I have dreamed of living my life on, wow... it's almost too much to take in at times. But it really is all happening. Because I met a girl on a bus. You will have to refer to one of my blogs from the month of March to understand that. Long story short, I was visiting the city my of my heart, was on a bus on a day I was "supposed to be" hiking, struck up a conversation with a stranger (I do that... a lot) who allowed me to follow her to her workplace because it was right by the Native American AIDS Project... and I wanted to meet the people of this place. I wanted to see their work. From there, I go to the Native American Health Center... volunteer for a few days, meet the staff, go to beading in Oakland a couple of days later, meet the staff, and here I am... moving there for a job at the center. A job I never dreamed could or would be mine. In a place I never dreamed possible to call home. There is more to the story, but that is the not-so-short short version..
I will skip the grueling details of the logistics of moving. Or maybe save those for another day. Let me just say in one word... stress. I worked up until the day before my move (yesterday), went nearly crazy over everything being out of sorts, had to let go of a LOT, literally and figuratively, had some expectations turn in to resentments, which led to more letting go, and here I am finally on the road. Bonding with my dad. (Step dad, but I recently began calling him dad). And driving a "big rig" for the first time in my life. Not while I type.. promise. And big rig is a bit of an exaggeration. It's a 16 footer with my car in tow, but still. And yes, my China Queen fits perfectly in the middle.
So blogosphere, it's me, dad, and China. I will be blogging from the road, beginning my novel (finally), working on my photography, and enjoying the ride. What is there not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment