Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Land's End... where my world began...

I have no clue what day this is... 5, 6, I lost count at 3... This city has completed me. I don't know where I left off, what to catch up on, I just know I've found my heart, my city, this is the one... Have you felt that way? Where you stepped in to your dreams, knew it's where you belonged, the city by the bay....

Ahh, Still loving San Francisco. I think the highlight of the trip so far has been Land's End. Golden Gate Park is amazing as well, I'm only two blocks from there... I was able to get some wonderful shots of nature at her finest, Mother Earth is so good to me... At Land's End, I met a photographer friend... we climbed in to the restricted zone and took more beautiful shots. I did not know her, do not know her name, but our souls were the same... we are both completely and utterly in love with this city, the city by the bay. Later, we parted ways, I went to hike solo, the way I typically like it. I feel like I could trek the coastal trail for days, sit at Land's End and write, write, write, shoot, shoot, shoot (photos, that is)... live life this way.

My other high lights included Castro.. there are no words. The openness and acceptance of all things queer is truly beautiful. The city where people let others be who they are, no judgment, no hostility, just let people be.

Next was China Town... could have taken it or left it... it took an umbrella, a sweater, and money from me on that day. (The umbrella and sweater were lost, the money was willingly given up for sweet gifts and goods to send home)

The food in this city gets better with each meal. I wondered how people were not obese here... then I walked about 38 miles in 5 days.. that's how :) Up hill, down hill, morning, noon, and night... I wouldn't change it for the world, the city is completely pleasing with all of it's sights.

There's so much more to share, I'll save for another day, for now I will get back to enjoying the city by the bay..

No comments:

Post a Comment