Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 3- She loves to laugh, she loves to sing, she does everything...

Yes, I think Journey's songs are about me. I have kept my iPod on their playlist this trip, as it just seems right. I can feel the passion as I walk through the beautiful streets of this city by the bay. Passion isn't a strong enough word. I belong here. More on that in another blog...
Today's recap... I started out making a left out of the drive way instead of a right... I confused directions to Moraga steps (10 blocks that way) with the direction of the Golden Gate park (2 blocks the other way). I walked "that way" and when I got about 5 blocks in, I realized that could not be right. Un-luckily for me, this whole trek was up a massively steep hill. Luckily for me, I eventually took a rest and went to an amazing place called Donut World for a ham and cheese croissant. Amazing. The ham and cheese was baked in to the croissant... I guess that's how a "real" one is made. After that, I found a group of friends for an hour (my FOB know what I mean...) Going to see more of them in Castro tomorrow.
I finally made it to Golden Gate, but only strolled through the botanical gardens and over to de Young. Good thing I am only two blocks away, I can go back when my feet are not dying. Speaking of which, I have walked 32,355 steps, translating in to 12.7 miles. That's insane. But worth every single step. 
My reward came in the form of this place called relaxed feet. At first, I thought it was no big deal, maybe a nice foot rub with a chair massage. I surely underestimated this. It was a mix between reflexology, a pedicure, and a fully-clothed full body massage. For only $25 an hour. Literally heaven for my tired body. 
Try it.
There's more to tell and pictures to load, but more will come in time. For now, I will sleep. (Speaking of which, I have been sleeping like I've never slept before- going right to sleep, not waking up with ear pain, feeling rested- Amazing. Truly.)
FLY <3

No comments:

Post a Comment