Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spinning plates...

I love when I get in these spots... (insert sarcasm with the word love) the spots where I have so many tasks on my to-do list, so many commitments on my plate, that I just freeze and do nothing. Balance. Will I ever get it? 
I already know a few things about myself that are very important: 
1.) I have to stay busy, I just do. Originally, it was "stay busy or go crazy" today it is more of a life satisfaction thing... full life = happy heart 
2.) I also have to have one day a week reserved for nothing. Not one day where it is nothing because I freeze from so much to do; one day a week of relaxation and "me" time. 
3.) I work well under pressure (until I freeze like a deer in the head lights... balance)
4.) If I am committed, I have purpose. And purpose is mandatory in my life. 
5.) I am a perfectionist, with a tendency towards obsessive-compulsiveness... 
What does that make me? Me. A chick who goes ninety to nothing and then finds the time to chill out for a beach day or a movie day. Yet, I always end up in the space where I have too much to do, I do not know where to begin. So I write to-do lists. 
Tonight, I couldn't even get that far, so I just had to blog :) Here is my list- studying for national boards, preparing research abstracts and fine-tuning one of my study protocols, editing an executive summary for my boss, two executive summaries actually, updating my linked in account and resume, bills, setting up my team beachbody account and finally doing it instead of talking about it, and getting in my nightly work out. Oh, and prioritizing my Thursday (even though tonight is Tuesday, I will need to cancel/rearrange some things tmrw) as I have triple-booked myself for Thursday... once again. So where is the balance? 
I know I have to work, or my bills will not be paid. Yet I have to study and conduct my research and go to class, or I will not graduate or pass boards. So maybe I do not have to take on so many commitments? Or maybe I just need to narrow down my purpose? God only knows. 
For tonight, I will be grateful for the ability to do so much, and act on this gratitude... short work out, then study. Thank you blogosphere, my motivation is back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment