Monday, May 13, 2013

Last Day of 28

Well. I survived. They say 28 is when life is upside down, the year all the lessons we need to learn for the next 7 years will be thrown our way, all of that. I fully believe I have had a few lifetime's worth of 28s this year. It has been the most life changing, roller coaster ride of a year I could imagine. I thought 21 was that for me. But I have to say 28 is... yes, I know, I am so young.. thank you :) But we all know I'm an old soul. Regardless, I definitely had my share of life and lessons this year.
Most everything was wonderful. But it also came with heartbreak. I said some of the hardest "see you laters" of my life. I've also welcomed in some of the most beautiful relationships I have experienced to date. The most genuine and natural friendships... some of which are very recent. I have also experienced that old truth, that friends can go a long time without speaking and pick up like no time has passed. That's my favorite.
Most of all, I've experienced commitment. Commitment to my life here, even when the homesick seemed to smother me. Commitment to transformation... to learning the lessons and living fully... to completing all of the relationships in which I've been inauthentic and finding peace within... I can 100% say that regardless of what is going on with others, I experience peace. This is the most recent addition to 28, and I am forever grateful (call me superstitious, but I damn sure did not want to keep repeating the messes in relationships I've created for the next 7 years.) I am fully open to welcoming ANY person from my past back into my life with ZERO negative feelings attached to that person. That is a first for me. Ever. Again, I am grateful.
So the obvious changes that came with 28... moving across country, a new career, many trips for work, moving again after I moved cross country (stayed in the same city, at least), new friends, new everything really.... And those things that remained the same... my commitment to my weekly letters to and from my father (Bear), commitment to healing, my love for my China Queen, relationship status (well, I went from being emotionally unavailable to available... even though I've technically been single for a while now), and in an odd way.. Me. I have changed, yet I am still me. I can't really explain that, I guess you would have to be around me to know what I mean. And my sheros have remained the same... my mama and my Grandma. Love them to pieces.
With that said, I'm going back to my night. I am happy to say my mom and Jon (dad #2) are visiting for the first time. So I spent my last day of 28 working, while texting them directions around public transit in SF, then walking the Lake with my mama (she LOVES Lake Merritt/Grand Lake area), ordering Ethiopian for us (she hated that!, but Jon and I had hers), and now watching movies. This is the life. Glad I'm around for it :) To think, I never expected to live past 18. Here I am, a decade later, happier and more at peace than I've ever been... Life is good. All the time.
Love to all, Light to all,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment