Saturday, December 1, 2012

Speak

I wrote this poem tonight...short, but to the point... in response to many issues that have been brewing for years. I felt them reach down to the core of my being as I was researching my family, Thanksgiving brought up even more (walking in two worlds... not an easy way to live) Add a death in the family, and here I am...
I refrain from going in to much detail, as I do not wish to offend or open old wounds- I just seek truth.

Unanswered questions, tales of deceit cover like a blanket, smothering me
Speak! Somebody, Speak!
Generations of lies, pieces missing, people no longer around to tell their stories
Speak! Somebody, Speak!
Can you hear me? Questions resounding, Truth is my aim, tell me our story
Speak! Somebody, Speak!

1 comment:

  1. Carla, this evokes many thoughts and feelings. Thank you for sharing this with me. I often feel the deceit and the conflicts of being who I am without knowing all. More will be revealed

    ReplyDelete