Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lessons from the plague

Finding gratitude when feeling like crap is not the easiest feat. Actually, it's very difficult. What I am learning is I am still a horrible patient, and have yet to outgrow my sensitivity handicap when ill. Yes, I am naturally sensitive, but have grown leaps and bounds in this area of my life. Until I get sick. Then, I am one wildly hormonal woman. Especially if it involves me having to take some sort of steroids.
So this has been my month in a nutshell- I got a cold. Then bronchitis. Then my asthma became unhappy with me, and that led to breathing treatment after breathing treatment, yet I still couldn't fend off pneumonia. Next, the medicine they gave me caused an infection in my throat, which landed me in the hospital because I could not swallow my own saliva. They also believe I have strep. After becoming re-hydrated, given new kick ass antibiotics and steroids, and a million jolts of Reiki love from my Bear, I am finally (hopefully) on the upside of all of this.
It's taught me a lot about myself though. I hate being sick. I am not good at it. It's also taught me about others- some are complete insensitive jerks, while others are truly helpful beings who find themselves being helpful no matter what. I am grateful for both. This time ill has given me the ability to connect with new friends, to rest my body and give it a break from working out (as much as I hate that), to quit smoking!, and to find genuine happiness in my art. I needed that. No matter how the lesson comes, I am grateful for it. Every single time. So this one huge month of a lesson is this- treat my body well, appreciate kindness, shake off the rest, and when all else fails, go within and find peace doing something creative. Whether it's being creative in my work life or play life, it makes me feel more whole. That's good enough for me :)
Thank you, plague, for teaching me. You can leave now
Love to all, light to all,
DBear

No comments:

Post a Comment