Friday, July 5, 2013

Peace within the storm.... Finding contentment in the powerlessness

Powerlessness is depending on others for certain needs being met.. rides, food, medications, carrying things.
Powerlessness is being 3,000 miles from home while one of your dads has major surgery, your mom is playing nurse to said dad and caretaker to Grandma, and your forever soul sister is grieving because her dad is preparing to transition...
Powerlessness is not being able to talk to your forever soul sister for reasons beyond your control...
Powerlessness is not being able to tell your body what to do, or rather, have your body do what you ask of it (I really would just be happy to walk at this point, but would be elated to be back in the gym and on the field)
Powerlessness is living with a roommate that is a selfish being.

Contentment is being empowered by your own voice. 
Contentment is being able to ask and open to receiving... Having beautiful souls all around you to help you meet your needs. 
Contentment is being able to just be... Staying in bed all day with no worries of where I must go, what must be done, I can just be.
Contentment is a 5 year old girl's laughter lighting up the room as she gives me sweet gifts and hugs letting me know I am loved. 
Contentment is texts, phone calls, e-cards to my family back home. Contentment is being selfless enough to recognize when a message is for another and relaying that message to them... Allowing intuition to guide me over my emotion and intellect. 
Contentment is recognizing my limitations and knowing it is not forever. 
Contentment is finding gratitude and expressing such gratitude.
Contentment is knowing there is peace is the storm. It is be still and know...

Love and light
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment